top of page

Useful Information

For an emergency call 999 and ask for police, ambulance or fire. 


The Thames Valley Police website says an emergency warranting a 999 call is one where "a crime is being committed, there is a risk of injury or a risk of serious damage to property".

For Police non-emergencies telephone 101, eg. to report a crime such as your car has been stolen, your property has been damaged, you suspect drug use or dealing in your neighbourhood.

Medical Emergency

If you have urgent medical concerns you need to discuss telephone 111 to speak to a fully trained advisor, depending on the situation they can connect you to appropriate help. Call 999 for urgent response, your GP for less urgent issues.

Local Authorities

Oxford City Council
Tel: 01865 249811

Oxfordshire County Council
Tel: 01865 792422

Councillors and MP

City Councillors (North Ward)
Cllr James Fry    01865 554001

Cllr Louise Upton  01865 272511


County Councillor (Summertown & Wolvercote Division)
John Howson  01865 203270

MP (Oxford West and Abingdon)

Layla Moran MP

House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA.

Other useful Council telephone numbers

City Works Hotline:  Tel: 0800 783 1957 

Street lighting:  Tel: 0800 317802 Quote serial no. on column

Control Plus  Tel: 01865 247090
Parking control: to report on-street infringements

Crime and Nuisance Action Team Tel: 01865 252969 Tackles anti-social behaviour in community

Nearest NHS Doctors

Jericho Health Centre contains two separate practices at New Radcliffe House
Walton Street, Oxford, OX2 6NW

Observatory Medical Practice Tel 01865 429993

and Leaver and Partners Tel 01865 311234

These practices are in the same building and take new patients in turn. Both seem to be highly thought of by local residents.

bottom of page